Alert Iowa

Grant to Rehabilitate Faulty Wells

Welcome to the Grundy County Environmental Health Office

Click HERE to apply online for a Septic System Installation Permit

Click HERE to apply online for a Private Water Well Construction Permit

Click HERE to register a Complaint to the Grundy County Board of Health

Grant to Rehabilitate Faulty Wells

Old and improperly constructed wells may experience contamination to the groundwater supply and need to be rehabilitated. A state grant will pay a portion toward the rehabilitation expense when a state licensed well contractor (Click here for list of area well contractors) does the work. The grant must be applied for through the county by contacting the Sanitarian at 319-824-1212 or [email protected] and must meet certain criteria (Click here for well rehabilitation criteria) A free water test (Click here for info on free water test) is the first step to detecting whether the water supply is contaminated.